We support adults to improve their English, Maths and ICT skills.
This gives our students the confidence and knowledge to help them succeed and strengthens their place in the community. We offer a wide range of Functional Skills courses and intensive literacy and numeracy support.
Our courses run three times a year, in the autumn, spring and summer terms.
Enroling on an Adult Learning Course
Courses are free if you are:
- A resident of London
- A refugee
- An asylum seeker (resident of more than 6 months)
- Unemployed and in receipt of benefits
- Employed but on low income (less than £23,000)
Our 2023 enrolment dates / timings:
- Every Tuesday, 12 – 1 pm
If you are attending one of our enrolment sessions, please make sure that you bring:
- Your ID (e.g. passport, resident permit or ARC card)
- Evidence of your benefits (e.g. Universal Credit, JSA)
- Your most recent pay slip if you are on a low income
The ClementJames Centre is registered with awarding body Pearson Edexcel.
English language classes
Are you new to the UK or would you just like to speak better English? Not sure how to get started? At ClementJames we can teach you how to speak, read and write in English comfortably and confidently from beginner level.
We also provide a range of other English courses including:
- Daytime and evening Functional Skills English courses (leading to a qualification)
- Community English language courses
- Sunday English language courses for Domestic Workers
- Literacy classes
- One-to-one literacy support
If computers make you nervous, you can also join one of our friendly ICT classes, including:
- Functional Skills ICT courses (leading to a qualification)
Need to improve your maths skills to get that job you want? Or would you like to help your children with their maths homework? At ClementJames you can learn maths, even from scratch. We offer:
- Functional Skills Maths courses (leading to a qualification)
- One-to-one numeracy support