We support adults to improve their English, Maths and ICT skills.
This gives our students the confidence and knowledge to help them succeed and strengthens their place in the community. We offer a wide range of Functional Skills courses and intensive literacy and numeracy support.
Our courses run three times a year, in the autumn, spring and summer terms.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, teaching is currently held online, get in touch to ask about individual classes.
Register interest for Maths, English, and ICT classes and complete the Google form here.
The ClementJames Centre is registered with awarding body Pearson Edexcel.
English language classes
Are you new to the UK or would you just like to speak better English? Not sure how to get started? At ClementJames we can teach you how to speak, read and write in English comfortably and confidently from beginner level.
We also provide a range of other English courses including:
- Daytime and evening Functional Skills English courses (leading to a qualification)
- Community English language courses
- Sunday English language courses for Domestic Workers
- Literacy classes
- One-to-one literacy support
If computers make you nervous, you can also join one of our friendly ICT classes, including:
- Daytime and evening Functional Skills ICT courses (leading to a qualification)
- Sunday ICT classes
Need to improve your maths skills to get that job you want? Or would you like to help your children with their maths homework? At ClementJames you can learn maths, even from scratch. We offer:
- Functional Skills Maths classes (leading to a qualification)
- One-to-one numeracy support
Speaking, Writing, and Reading groups
Improve your English skills and connect with others in our weekly groups! We run Speaking, Writing, and Reading groups every week aimed at improving English in a more informal setting.
Improve your formal and informal writing, expand your vocabulary, and engage in role plays with our weekly groups!
- Speaking Group – Thursdays 12 – 1 pm (Online via Zoom due to Covid-19)
- Reading Group – Wednesdays 11 – 12 pm (Online via Zoom)