We support adults to improve their English, Maths and ICT skills.
This gives our students the confidence and knowledge to help them succeed and strengthens their place in the community. We offer a wide range of Functional Skills courses and intensive literacy and numeracy support.
Our courses run three times a year, in the autumn, spring and summer terms.
The next dates to enrol in one of our classes are:
Thursday 16th September: 10 am – 3pm
Saturday 25th September: 10 am – 2 pm
To register for classes outside of these hours, call 07857 969806 or email email@example.com. Alongside our Maths, English and ICT courses, we are enrolling for some new classes beginning in September 2021, including:
- Introduction to Hospitality
- Get to Know Your Community
- Get Into Work
The ClementJames Centre is registered with awarding body Pearson Edexcel.
English language classes
Are you new to the UK or would you just like to speak better English? Not sure how to get started? At ClementJames we can teach you how to speak, read and write in English comfortably and confidently from beginner level.
We also provide a range of other English courses including:
- Daytime and evening Functional Skills English courses (leading to a qualification)
- Community English language courses
- Sunday English language courses for Domestic Workers
- Literacy classes
- One-to-one literacy support
If computers make you nervous, you can also join one of our friendly ICT classes, including:
- Daytime and evening Functional Skills ICT courses (leading to a qualification)
- Sunday ICT classes
Need to improve your maths skills to get that job you want? Or would you like to help your children with their maths homework? At ClementJames you can learn maths, even from scratch. We offer:
- Functional Skills Maths classes (leading to a qualification)
- One-to-one numeracy support
Conversation and Reading groups
Improve your English skills and connect with others in our weekly groups! We run Conversation and Reading groups every week aimed at improving English in a more informal setting.
Improve your formal and informal writing, expand your vocabulary, and engage in role plays with our weekly groups!
- Conversation Group – Thursdays 12 – 1 pm (Online via Zoom due to Covid-19)
- Reading Group – Wednesdays 12 – 1 pm (Online via Zoom)