We support adults to improve their English, Maths and ICT skills.
This gives our students the confidence and knowledge to help them succeed and strengthens their place in the community. We offer a wide range of Functional Skills courses and intensive literacy and numeracy support.
Our courses run three times a year, in the autumn, spring and summer terms.
Want to know what's on and when this term? Have a look at the Autumn 2018 Timetable.
You can register for courses between 3 and 21 September 2018. Courses will start on 24 September 2018.
The ClementJames Centre is registered with awarding body Ascentis.
English language classes
Are you new to the UK or would you just like to speak better English? Not sure how to get started? At ClementJames we can teach you how to speak, read and write in English comfortably and confidently.
We provide a range of English courses including:
- Daytime and evening Functional Skills English courses (leading to a qualification)
- Community English language courses
- Sunday English language courses for Domestic Workers
- IELTS preparation course
- Literacy classes
- One-to-one literacy support
If computers make you nervous, you can also join one of our friendly ICT classes, including:
- Daytime and evening Functional Skills ICT courses (leading to a qualification)
- Sunday ICT classes
Need to improve your maths skills to get that job you want? Or would you like to help your children with their maths homework? At ClementJames you can learn maths, even from scratch. We offer:
- Functional Skills Maths classes (leading to a qualification)
- One-to-one numeracy support