The ClementJames Centre is an award-winning charity based in North Kensington. Our vision is for everyone in the community to release their potential and live fulfilled lives. We do this through four aligned programmes:
Children and Young People’s Education
We help children and young people to learn, flourish and achieve their potential through academic support, mentoring, Literacy & Numeracy support and aspirational activities. 80% of our Year 13 students achieved a university place in the last five years.
We help people to gain meaningful and sustainable employment through personalised advice and support, mentoring and work skills activities. Over the last five years, 66% of our young people and adults secured training or employment.
We support adults to improve their English, Maths and ICT skills through a wide range of Functional Skills courses and intensive Literacy & Numeracy support. In the last five years, 87% of our adult learners on accredited courses passed their exams.
Wellbeing and Support
We empower people to overcome barriers and challenges and to engage with their own wellbeing. We provide Information, Advice and Guidance, and wellbeing activities.
At The ClementJames Centre we offer a holistic package of support, tailored to our clients’ individual needs. This means:
- We offer long-term bespoke support
- We support those who are furthest from the job market who may be unable to access other services
- We build meaningful and trusting relationships with clients, making our programmes more impactful
What we can offer:
- Excellent employee development opportunities through volunteering, developing skills such as mentoring leadership and project delivery
- Team-building opportunities for staff whether this is through fundraising challenges or volunteering
- Positive publicity through our social media channels which can include brand advertisement and improving SEO
- Achieving your CSR targets
- Tailored partnership opportunities to support your organisational needs
- The opportunity to support an award-winning local charity making an impact in the community
The event was really well organised and run on the day … all volunteers found the experience very rewarding…Wyelands Bank Volunteer
Case study: Wyelands Bank
We are very grateful for the support from Wyelands Bank, who we have been working with for a number of years. Wyelands Bank have supported our programmes in a number of ways: through team fundraising, corporate donations and volunteering at the centre at one of our regular Interview Skills Days.
Through their relationship with us, Wyelands Bank have had team-building opportunities for employees, developed staff skill sets and boosted their Corporate Social Responsibility targets.
What they said…
“The event was really well organised and run on the day … people were impressed with how seamless it felt moving between the group and individual sessions; the exercises were well thought-out and contributed to the sessions going smoothly; and, all volunteers found the experience very rewarding despite quite a few feeling nervous in advance of the day.”
Wyelands Bank Volunteer
It made me realise that I have an ability to be a mirror to people and to make them feel good about themselves.”Lloyd’s Bank Managerial Staff
Case study: Lloyds Bank
Lloyds regularly volunteer with us at our Interview Skills Days and we are very fortunate to be supported by the Lloyds Bank Foundation as one of our largest corporate funders.
As well as improving their CSR, engaging with our programmes also provided staff with a number of valuable personal development opportunities, giving them the space to build coaching, motivation and leadership skills.
What they said…
“To see people … grow and flourish throughout the day was humbling and moving. I’ll never, ever forget. It think it has changed me. It made me realise that I do have an ability to engage with people from all walks of life and can find commonality. It made me realise that I have an ability to be a mirror to people and to make them feel good about themselves. I discussed this with my leadership team and they reinforced that I have this ability in work too which is why I have great followership. It’s made me want to do more and more.”
Managerial Staff – Lloyds Banking Group
It was great to engage with people, really make a difference … and help rebuild their skills.MACE volunteer feedback
Case study: MACE
MACE have worked with us in a number of ways: offering apprenticeships to a client, volunteering on Interview Skills Days and some of our Children and Young People’s programmes and supporting our programmes with a corporate donation, which has boosted employee CSR achievement as well as employee development.
What they said…
“It is a really worthwhile opportunity to give something back.”
“Good opportunity to provide value to others. To a great and worthy cause.”
“I feel it was a valuable session and a good use of volunteering time. The ability to partake with limited pre-work was helpful in terms of a busy work agenda.”
There are a range of ways you can get involved in a partnership with ClementJames. Our packages are personalised, meaning they can be tailored to suit your organisation’s capacity.
Develop training or employment opportunities for clients on our employment programme. Clients are matched to this opportunity based on skill sets and experience.
- Our experienced team prepares prospective clients with practical and soft skills and continues to support clients in the initial stages of their new employment contract
- Gain skilled new employees to your workforce and have a long-term impact on a client’s life
Interview Skills Day
Your team of 10 – 15 volunteers spend a day working with our clients helping to boost confidence and develop strategies to help them succeed in that all-important job interview.
- Volunteers develop leadership, communication, and coaching skills
- Briefing and activities on the day are facilitated by our staff who remain as a point of contact for volunteers
Volunteers work one-to-one with a client to achieve their goal over a period of up to six one-our sessions. Training is provided.
- Volunteers gain mentoring and volunteer experience whilst developing coaching and people-focused skills
- Volunteers are matched with clients according to skill set and experience
Whatever the size of your company, we are always looking for corporate partners to support us with our fundraising efforts. This could include:
- Gifts-in-kind donations: Provide us with goods or services to help us save money
- Sponsorship: Sponsor one of our programmes, such as our Women’s Confidence Programme or Interview Skills Day
- Donations: Make a one-off or regular donation to us or encourage donations through your payroll
- Take part in fundraising challenges for us as a team
- Matched funding: Increase employee engagement by matching employee donations to ClementJames
What we can offer you in return:
- Excellent employee development opportunities through volunteering, with skills such as mentoring and coaching
- Team-building opportunities for staff, whether this is through fundraising challenges or volunteering
- Positive publicity through our social media channels
- Achieving your CSR targets
- The opportunity to support an award-winning local charity, helping people achieve their potential
To discuss any of these opportunities, arrange a visit, observation or chat, please get in touch:
- Lloyds Bank
- Johnson & Johnson
- Wyelands Bank
- Audley Travel
- Fis Global