Unfortunately, due to high demand and reduced capacity as a result of staff illness, we have had to temporarily pause our Information, Advice & Guidance service. While this situation is temporary, we are currently unable to give a date as to when our service will be available again.
- If you are currently working with an adviser for a particular advice issue, we will continue working with you until this issue is resolved
- If you are already booked in for an advice appointment we will still be able to provide this support
- If you have not used our advice service before, do not currently have a booking for an appointment or have a new issue which you need support with for which you are not currently working with an adviser, we advise that you contact one of the organisations below, who may be able to provide support
We apologise for any inconvenience caused. If you would like to speak to a member of staff about these changes, please call the centre on 020 7221 8810.
Kensington & Chelsea
- Citizens Advice – National Advice line: 08082787982
- Citizens Advice Kensington and Chelsea run a drop in service every Tuesday (11:00 – 13:00) and Friday (13:00 – 15:00) at Notting Hill Methodist Church, 240 Lancaster Rd, London W11 4AH
- Nova – call: 020 8960 2488 or register on their website https://novanew.org.uk/
- Nucleus: 020 7373 4005 https://www.nucleus.org.uk/
- Crosslight: 0300 373 1180 https://www.crosslightadvice.org/
Housing and Homelessness:
- Shelter: 0808 800 4444 https://england.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice
Hammersmith and Fulham
- Citizens Advice Bureau Hammersmith and Fulham – Run a number of drop-in advice sessions or residents can call the helpline to receive support or book an appointment. Contact on: 0808 278 7832
- Hammersmith and Fulham Law Centre – Support is only available over the phone but includes welfare benefits, housing, employment and immigration. They run a weekly form filling clinic on Wednesdays (over the phone) and they can only assist with PIP, ESA and UC50 capability for work forms. Contact on: 020 3880 1727
- Hammersmith and Fulham Foodbank – Run a ‘More Than Food’ programme where residents can get support from citizens advice, counselling services, legal representatives or emergency fuel vouchers (you will either need to be in their system already or need to be referred for this support). Please call us on 020 7221 8810 to be referred
- The Hub @ 75 – Hammersmith & Fulham Foodbank also offers ‘wraparound’ support to local residents via their Hub in White City. There is access to IT facilities, clothes, books and toys etc.
- Dr Edwards & Bishop King’s (DEBK) – Local charity that helps provide for the needs of people living in the old Metropolitan Borough of Fulham. Individuals can apply for grants on their own behalf if they suit the eligibility criteria. Contact on: 020 7386 9387
- Hammersmith and Fulham Council Welfare Benefits Team – Contact on: 020 8753 5566
- Action on Disability – Provides support to ill and disabled people of all ages living in Hammersmith and Fulham, with a free and independent benefits service. Contact on: 020 7385 2098
- Westminster Citizens Advice Bureau – Run drop-in sessions online and at a range of locations. Contact on: 0808 278 7834
- Cardinal Hume Centre – Advice available on welfare benefits, housing and immigration. Also offer family services, cost of living support, and supported accommodation for young adults aged 16-24. Contact on: 020 7227 1673
- Age UK Westminster – A range of support for older people including an information and advice service. Contact on: 020 3004 5610
- North Paddington Food Bank – Only accessible by referral, any of the services above can make a referral for you. Offer supermarket vouchers, energy bill support and baby bank support
- University of Westminster Legal Advice Clinic – Advice on housing law, employment law, family law and immigration law. All services are overseen by a practising solicitor or barrister. Contact on: 020 3506 9626
- Paddington Law Centre – Legal advice for Paddington residents. Contact on: 020 8960 3155
- Crosslight Debt Advice – Debt and money advice. Contact on: 0300 373 1180
If you would like to speak to a member of staff about these changes, please call the centre on 020 7221 8810.