We currently prioritise students to receive literacy or numeracy catch-up support when they meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Exclusions – The young person has been excluded from school or is at a significant risk of this (This includes permanent or temporary exclusion. Significant risk refers to a large amount of behaviour points, internal exclusions etc.)
- Low attendance – The young person has a school attendance rate of less than 90%
- SEND – The young person has special educational needs and/or disabilities
- EHCP – The young person has or is awaiting an education, health and care plan
- Youth Justice – The young person has experience with the youth justice system
- Exams – The young person is approaching exams and predicted to achieve grades significantly below those that they are capable of
When a young person meets at least one of these criteria, they will be placed on our priority waiting list and will not be required to complete a test to assess the level at which they are working.