Our Communicate Adult Learning Programme offers free Functional and Basic Skills courses that are tailored to meet the changing needs of individuals, enabling them to play a fuller role in the community and realise their potential. We offer both daytime and evening courses and the majority of our courses are accredited.
The ClementJames Centre is registered as a recognised Ascentis Centre and our courses are designed for people who have English as a second language. Courses run termly from September to December, January to April and from April to July every year.
Functional and Basic Skills Courses
We provide courses of friendly Functional and Basic Skills classes in the local community. We cater for individual needs, develop basic skills and improve written and spoken English. All courses have embedded I.T. classes. We also offer some classes in the evening and on Sundays.
- Functional Skills English Entry 1 * (also Sundays)
- Functional Skills English Entry 2 *
- Functional Skills English Entry 3 * (also Sundays)
- Functional Skills English Level 1 * (also in the evening)
- Academic Study Skills (Functional Skills English Level 2 / Preparation for IELTS)
- Basic Literacy (Entry 1 – 3)
- Functional Skills Maths Entry 1 *
- Functional Skills ICT Entry 3 * (also Sundays and in the evening)
- Functional Skills ICT Level 1 *
- Information, Advice & Guidance (by appointment)
Courses marked * lead to external accreditation by Ascentis
We predominantly teach students who live in the Royal of Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, and who either receive benefits, live in social housing and/or have a low household income.
Preparation for IELTS
This class enables students to attain a high quality, globally recognised accreditation in a local, friendly setting.
If you would like to find out about any of these courses, please contact Ivana on Ivana@clementjames.org or call 020 7221 8810.